Pagina's

donderdag 21 oktober 2010

tips & tricks

After only 2 years of digital scrapping, I certainly do not pretend to know it all, but I sure did learned a LOT! And what I've learned I want to share with you. Mostly some tips and tricks for page scrappers but also for designers. And maybe sometimes I will dare to take a whole tutorial on me. Each time I will try to make it short though, as it will make things easier.

The first is actually a tip for designers. Now I don't know about you, but when I'm scrapping a page I work in complete chaos! I take some here, take some there, and eventually my Photoshop is full of files of elements and papers that I've used. What I find very useful when it comes to crediting, that all these files are named with designer name and kit name. That way I don't have to go back to my explorer (or every other place where you keep your stuff) and find out where that particular flower that I've used, came from. Sometimes I see files that says nothing more than 'flower'. Well... who's flower, which kit? It just takes a lot of time to go back and find that out.

I do use ACDSee to organize my stock, but to make sure I don't have to spend much time on finding the right info for crediting, I have to categorize everything by designer name and product. If you don't have such a program for categorizing, it's just very helpful if designers name there kit folder as

JoHanna_2ps_burninglove

and files of elements and papers as

JoHanna_2ps_burninglove_flower (or whatever).

So I can see immediately that the flower I've used is from designer Jo Hanna, who's shop is at 2peas, from the kit Burning Love.

Well that makes our scrapping lives a bit easier, right!?

1 opmerking:

  1. Yes, yes, yes - I would SO love it if designers included more information when they name an element. I have to rename so many things - I don't really understand why so many designers don't go the extra step and include their name and the kit name in some form. Thank you for writing this!
    hanna

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen